About the Pass Guarantee
We’re so confident that our Complete Theory Test Kit app will help you pass your Theory Test, we’re offering you a full refund if you go on to fail your test after using our app thoroughly.
In order to make a claim, you must first prove that you have reached a high standard of revision within the Complete Theory Test Kit app.
To claim your Official Driving Theory test fee back, you must:
1. Create an account within the app with the name that’s displayed on your Driving Theory Test booking.
2. Complete the structured learning plan within the app:
2.1 Correctly answer all questions across all Theory Test categories and have viewed at least 90% of the explanations.
2.2 Successfully pass a minimum of 6 mock Theory Tests scoring 96% or higher, 4 of which must be passed consecutively within 14 days of your test
2.3 Read all of these essential learning documents fully:
2.3.1 About the theory test
2.3.2 Guide to the multiple-choice categories
2.3.3 Highway Code
2.4 Watch the Hazard Perception test introduction video.
3. Achieve a minimum of 4 out of 5 stars across the 20 Essential Revision Clips as part of the Hazard Perception practise.
4. Successfully pass a minimum of 5 mock Hazard Perception Tests scoring 80% or higher, 3 of which must be passed consecutively within 14 days of your test.
5. Watch the essential “about” Hazard Perception videos and fully read the following learning material:
5.1 About the hazard perception test
5.2 Introduction to hazard perception
5.3 Hazard FAQs
6. Watch all of the following about Hazard Perception videos:
6.2 The HP element
6.3 What is a hazard
6.4 What is hazard perception
6.5 Hazard categories
6.6 Hazard types
To make a claim you will need to submit the following information which must be received within 7 days of you failing your Theory Test:
- Your full name
- Your App Store receipt showing the purchase price and date of the Complete Theory Test Kit app
- A digital copy of the test fail sheet (the name on the sheet must match your registered name within the app)
- A copy of your provisional driving licence clearly showing your driving licence number
- Your progress from within the app
- Your PayPal email address or bank details
Terms and Conditions
As long as all the terms and conditions are met and we receive your completed claim within 7 days of failing your Theory Test, then you will receive a refund equal to the amount you paid for your Theory Test fee. Please note that if you booked your Theory Test through a third party website and incurred a booking fee, this will NOT be refunded as part of the Pass Guarantee scheme.
- You must ensure that the details you provide when registering for the Pass Guarantee match that on your Theory Test fail sheet.
- Only one application per purchase and per person.
- The Pass Guarantee only applies where the Complete Theory Test Kit app has been purchased by a home user, for non-commercial use only.
- DTSL reserves the right to request your driving instructors’ contact details and non-sensitive program data from your device that will confirm your eligibility for a refund.
- If you have requested a refund from the App Store for the purchase of your app, then you are no longer eligible for the Pass Guarantee.
- DTSL reserves the right to cancel, amend withdraw the Pass Guarantee scheme at any time.
Once Driving Test Success has manually verified your claim, you will be contacted directly on the email address used during sign up and verification of the Pass Guarantee scheme, to arrange your preferred method of a refund (PayPal or bank transfer). We may need to contact you prior to this to request additional information to support your claim. In both instances, you will have 14 days to submit the requested information. During this time DTSL will make a minimum of two attempts to contact you but if after 14 days we do not receive the requested information, your claim will be cancelled and you will no longer be eligible for a refund.
All refunds are processed via PayPal or UK bank transfer. A valid PayPal email address is required when submitting your claim. If you do not have a PayPal account, then you have the option to request the refund via bank transfer. Refunds will NOT be made by any other payment method. The Pass Guarantee only applies to the Theory Test fee. No additional costs such as (but not limited to), travel expenses or missed earnings will be paid.
Please note that if you requested a refund via PayPal, then the refund value received will be lower due to PayPal’s transaction fees. The current transaction fee on a £23 refund is £0.97, resulting in a refund value of £22.03. However, this may change as PayPal updates their transaction fees. If you requested a refund via UK Bank Transfer then you will receive the full amount of £23.
Please allow up to a maximum of 10 working days for the refund to be processed, but in most instances this will be processed within 2-3 days.
How will my refund be processed?
Once you have submitted the required information and we have validated your claim, you will receive a refund equal to the amount paid for your Theory Test fee (£23). Please allow up to 10 working days for the refund to be processed.
All refunds are processed via PayPal so you will need to submit your PayPal address when making your claim. If you do not have a PayPal account, then you have the option to request the refund via bank transfer. Please note that refunds will NOT be made by any other payment method.
How many points do I need to achieve 96% in my Theory Test
In order to achieve a 96% pass rate you will need to score 48 out of 50 for the car/motorcycle Theory Test.
Do I need to re-book my Theory Test
Yes, it’s your responsibility to re-book your Theory Test after you have received your refund.
Where do I find my App Store receipt?
After purchasing the Complete Theory Test Kit app, you will have received an email from the App Store (Apple or Google Play). To find this, simply login to the email that’s linked to your App Store account to find your receipt.
What happens if I need to change my name in the Pass Guarantee?
The name on your test booking MUST match the name registered on your Pass Guarantee account. If for any reason there are discrepancies, you will need to contact Driving Test Success directly.
For minor changes such as a spelling mistake, we will update at any stage of your learning. However, if you require the name to be updated to someone completely different, then this will only be changed as long as you have completed less than 10% of the Learner Plan.
We will under exceptional circumstances update the name outside of the 10% window if adequate proof can be provided of a name change by law, then we will update accordingly on your behalf.